Sunday, August 2, 2009

Evolver - John Legend


so i figured that russ' review's on smksb's english ocean magazine should be goin' online.
so i'm reviewing on John Legend's latest album, Evolver.

I know it's a little bit too late to be reviewing on this album as it was released ages ago. I've had it for a long time already. And it took me just a weekend to find out that it was actually pretty good. Vocals, amazing. Songs, great. Entertaining, yes. Very much.

The 15-track album starts off with an intro, Good Morning Intro. Followed by the first single of the album, Green Light. Andre 3000's 'comeback' kinda worked. The track shows the maturity of him. And that's a good thing. After that, is the track It's Over featuring Kanye West. Followed by my currently favourite song and my current ringtone, Everybody Knows. It shows that John Legend is not the Young Jeezy type, not that I'm saying that Jeezy is bad. I'm saying that John Legend is the Raphael Saadiq kind. The mature, experienced, genius and vocal type. And then there's a track with Brandy, Quickly. Need I explain more? Two music geniuses working on a track. Wooh! No Other Love, featuring Estelle is also kinda laid back and cool. Great song. More tracks that I like are This Time, If You're Out There and I Love, You Love.

I give 4 1/2 out of 5 stars for this album. So get your asses on the car seat and go buy this album, legally.

DON'T SUPPORT PIRACY AND AIR-CONDITIONERS! SAVE THE WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment